There will be four round during the day of Practical Exams (16th July), each will last 90 mins.
The four topics (and arrangement) are:
- Neurobiology and Bioinformatics*
- Animal and Plant Anatomy, Systematics and Ecology
- Molecular Biology and Animal Physiology
* Bioinformatics: offline version of Geneious Software
The main aim is to assess and compare:
1) students' ability to use normal laboratory and biological techniques:
- Measuring (volume / mass / voltage)
- Light Microscopy
- Identification based on a key
2) students' ability to gain, process and visualize numerical data
3) students' reasoning and problem solving skills:
- Stating, verifying and refusing a hypothesis
- Inductive, deductive and correlational reasoning
- Creativity and designing an experiment.